Wednesday, July 13, 2011

About: 2004 Jeep Cherokee Laredo stuck in 4 wheel drive

2004 Jeep Cherokee Laredo stuck in 4 wheel drive?
My dad's car has been stuck in 4 wheel drive (full time) ever since he used it on snow a couple weeks ago. He's tried the proper routine for going back to 2 wheel drive. It didn't work. Any ideas as to what could be wrong or what he should try?
Jeep - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Normally if you back up it will go out of 4WD
2 :
sometimes the 4wd sensor goes out. I doubt its locking hubs, because i'm sure you would of tried that. the only thing i can think of is that sensor.
3 :
I have a 2003, but I had this happen. The book tells you to do it in park usually, then its optional in motion, i would try going around a cul-de-sac block nearby and try to shift it while driving. Mine will only shift while in motion. Its worth a try, if that doesn't work, I would guess something went wrong like the other answerer said.
Read more other entries :
About: What is wrong with my 1990 Jeep Cherokee La...
About: if i get a new stereo in my jeep will my st...