Tuesday, April 23, 2013

About: 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo speedo/odometer outage

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo speedo/odometer outage?
The speedometer and odometer went out in my 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo just yesterday. Everything else in the cluster works just fine as far as I can tell. The instant fuel economy digital readout in the center up on the roof also outputs a constant "0 MPG" when driving. There isn't a problem with anything else. Radio, wipers, lights, other gauges all work fine. I pulled the dashboard apart and took the cluster out. Nothing noticeable so far but I can't get the needle off of the speedometer gauge to take it apart. I looked at the fuses under the hood but none of those were associated with the cluster and the fuses to the left of the dash do not have any description as to what is what. I need to know how to get the needle off if the problem is in the gauge panel cluster or what to do if the problem is somewhere else and is a mechanical issue instead. Other than that, I heard and saw the resettable odometer gauge clicking and not moving about a month ago while driving. I pushed the reset button and it fixed it instantly but it along with the actual odometer gauge are not "rolling" at the moment. Well I feel like a complete dumbass. The cable was unplugged from the sensor connected to the transmission. It was a 2 second fix as soon as I found it and I have no idea how it came off. Now I know for next time...
Jeep - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
the cable is broken,yeah they still use a cable to the transmission,you will have to pull the cluster apart.
2 :
hi there. it is quite common for the cable and housing to disconnect from a dodge/jeep vehicle. The front wheel drives are even more prone to this happening. when you screw it back on use a crescent wrench and give it a good snug. i hope this helps. Good luck!
Read more other entries :
About: Why wont my power locks in my 1994 Jeep GC ...
About: How the visa appointments at Nuevo Laredo w...